Worship time is both essential and awesome!! I’m not going to say that it’s more important than preaching because Faith comes by hearing the Word, but think about this…
1. By worshipping God, I’m referring to the actual physical act of worship, your mind is completely on God and how great He is! Your mind is off of yourself and your problems and on the King of Kings! It’s harder to let your mind wander if you are the one singing and speaking to God with your eyes closed and your heart opened!
2. During worship He will speak to you and reveal answers to prayers, reveal His Word, reveal dreams and visions… You get it! You get revelation!
3. During worship healing takes place! Both physical and or emotional. You are standing in the direct presence of our one true Holy living God and nothing unholy can withstand that!
4. If you fall into this act of worship on a regular basis, you will begin to be able to hear the voice of God more clearly! You’ll suddenly realize you feel some sort of conviction you’ve never felt before.
5. If this continues to be a regular practice for you, you will also begin to realize the heart of God and know His love in a real and tangible way!
6. If you are unable to hear the Word, worship is where your faith will have to come from! This is especially true for people in countries where Jesus isn’t preached about. Where a person has a revelation of Jesus Christ all from some sort of supernatural occurrence in their life. How will they know the will of God without a person preaching it? Revelation through worship!
7. There are a lot of false preachers out there preaching only what they want you to know or what their opinion of something is without scripture backing up what they’re saying. How will you know the difference? From that revelation and conviction that comes from a deep relationship with God!
I challenge you today to search for something in your Bible that you’ve always questioned. Then, turn your computer and phone off and shut the door. Turn on some praise and worship music. Lift your hands in a sign of surrender and begin to sing to your Heavenly Father! Then begin to sing a new song, whatever comes to your mind and heart! Don’t worry… He loves you… Every part… Even your voice!